Court All Over Again

• Creator
    Topic
    CeCe Cora
    Participant

My divorce was final in January (Two year process). It’s been 9 months of adapting to a new mindset, trying no contact as much as possible, dealing with lies, manipulation, demeaning and the mistress and slowly healing.

Yesterday I was served. He is beginning a new court case to gain custody of our 15yo. We settled in January for joint custody, week on/week off.

Our 15yo warned me prior to my being served, thank God! But can I do this all over again?! I’m devastated. The 15yo is his favorite and I believe he’s spent awhile brainwashing her and convincing her I don’t care.

I don’t believe he’ll stop litigating until he’s taken all three of our minor children. He will simply wait and convince them to sign over an elections and I will have no recourse in front of a judge. When will this stop?! How much pain can a human heart carry..

Thank you for listening.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Renee Swanson
    Participant

I am so sorry for what you are going through! Sometimes it does feel that our heart simply cannot carry anymore pain.

Keep loving your kids! Give them emotional safety with you. Be there for them when he starts playing his mind games with them. As they get older, they will start seeing it for themselves.

Are your other children younger than the 15 year old? Does she see any of the brainwashing for what it is yet?

It took me a long time to realize that the best thing I could do for my kids was to take care of my own emotional and mental health. Don’t feel guilty for taking time for yourself. Your kids need you to. As your own healing happens, you will be much more able to be there for them. You will better be able to see what they need and how to help them. Take time to heal. Make that an absolute priority!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.